Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Contractors - ugh

We bought new gutters for the house in January from Sho Pro of Indiana. In addition to the gutters we got fascia, soffit and gutter guards as well. Our gutters were actually falling off the front of the house from years of neglect and they no longer looked white.

Boy what a nightmare this is turning out to be.

They installed everything in mid February.

And it looks like crap. Even the guy from the company that came out to see the installation agrees it pretty much all needs to be re-done. Right now the front gutter looks like its going to fall off and it has a huge dent in it. The fascia in a couple places is not tacked on right and with the wind we are having its getting worse and worse.

I finally think I have a confirmed repair date of this Thursday - better than a month since they put it up but this is the 2nd time they have given me a date so I'll believe it when I see it.

Oh and they have already started billing me for the installation. The guy who is my contact states all the work they are doing now is under my warranty and as they have already completed the installation they can start billing me for it. If they do not fix the issues on Thursday I'm sending in my dispute letter to the credit company and to the BBB and will not be paying until its all fixed. I may even send a note to Angie's list and have them look into it as well.

I am so pissed about this I'm seeing red. Thanks for reading my rant.

This is why we do most everything ourselves.

No comments: